Manager of Managed Services
The Service Desk Operations Manager (SDOM) / Network Operation Center (NOC) Manager is responsible for all technology operations within the Managed Services Operations. This includes training, direction and oversight of our Managed Services Team. The NOC Manager is also responsible for monitoring service delivery and handling any issues or escalations and is based in our VB headquarters office.
The NOC Manager is ultimately responsible for the satisfaction of all Managed Services customers. Client relations and strong communication skills are a critical part of this role.
It is critical that applicants have current experience in this exact role. We are looking for a seasoned candidate who is currently running a large managed services practice. We expect the candidate to bring mature best practices and innovative new ideas.
- Provide operational management for our Managed Services Engineers.
- Manage team member workloads and utilization, timesheet and expense approvals.
- Ensure optimal business utilization of team members through efficient service delivery
- Create and monitor professional development plans for each Managed Services team member
- Create and maintain Managed Services team processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documentation with a goal of standardizing all repeatable tasks within the team for optimal and efficient service delivery.
- Help mentor new recruits to become strong members of our Managed Services Team as quickly and seamlessly as possible, and operationally assist them as the Managed Services business scales.
- Monitor utilization and staffing levels for all team members, and work with the Leadership Team to hire new team members as needed.
- Responsible for team management including recruitment, performance management, training, mentorship and employee relations issues.
- Instill a high-performance culture in the team with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
- Encourage open communication between team members, allowing the team to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver more effective service.
Customer & Service Delivery Management
- Ensure Service Level Agreement (SLA) achievement for all Managed Services customers
- Provide oversight to ensure recurring/preventative maintenance plans are defined, implemented and executed.
- Provide oversight to ensure network and business systems availability Managed Service clients.
- Ensure documentation for all Managed Services clients is updated and maintained.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPIs, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
- Work closely with Managed Services Engineers to ensure new customers are on-boarded seamlessly into Managed Services.
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement.
Requirements / Experience Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical work experience or certifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a team of 10+ employees
- Minimum 5 years IT Operations background including end-user support, server, networking and data center experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of event/alert management, incident and change management processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience working with managed services
- Experience with events/alert monitoring/management, incident and change management processes.
- Ability to utilize metrics and data to improve service quality and team performance
- Ability to adapt and promote organizational core beliefs and values
- Passion for IT and eagerness to stay current with changing technology practices
- ITIL Certification, preferred
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication